• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malta and hunting policy (1 Viewer)

Disgrace ............. another backward step, 50% of the population must be "primatives"

If you are Maltese you should be ashamed for your country

I will continue to boycott Malta in every way that I can ..... and explain to anyone who mentions going on holiday there what is happening.

They should be kicked out of the EU ........

Not altogether rational I know ..... but I'm with Bill. I will never go there.

That country beggars belief, they are in the EU right?, endangered birds are allowed to be shot on their way to breed, birds are shot so close to a school that the victims land in the playground!, what next?.

Last edited:
They get away with it endlessly, when do the EU say enough is enough, what is the tipping point?, it's so obviously wrong, what is going on in that country?.

Carmel (Lino) Farrugia, a senior official of the hunters' federation, has been fined €349.40 by the Appeals Court after he was found guilty of having encouraged or assisted another person to violate a police order to stop the trapping of birds.
The court said that Mr Farrugia's presence for almost two hours at a place where nets had been put up, manifestly against the law, without him doing anything to draw attention to this violation of the law, as well as his attitude to the police, particularly when he told Mr Grech not to dismantle the nets, as ordered by the police, rendered him guilty of having assisted or encouraged Mr Grech to violate regulations.

Is that 'our' Lino Farrugia, 'our Secretary General' who penned all these bloviating attacks on conservationists? That numpty?:-O
MJB

Carmel (Lino) Farrugia, a senior official of the hunters' federation, has been fined €349.40 by the Appeals Court after he was found guilty of having encouraged or assisted another person to violate a police order to stop the trapping of birds.
The court said that Mr Farrugia's presence for almost two hours at a place where nets had been put up, manifestly against the law, without him doing anything to draw attention to this violation of the law, as well as his attitude to the police, particularly when he told Mr Grech not to dismantle the nets, as ordered by the police, rendered him guilty of having assisted or encouraged Mr Grech to violate regulations.

Is that 'our' Lino Farrugia, 'our Secretary General' who penned all these bloviating attacks on conservationists? That numpty?:-O
MJB

He's just misunderstood ...... ;-)

He's just misunderstood ...... ;-)

....as in 'Gee, Officer Krupke' from 'West Side Story'...

"Gee, Officer Krupke, we're very upset;
We never had the love that ev'ry child oughta get.
We ain't no delinquents,
We're misunderstood.
Deep down inside us there is good!
"
MJB:-O:-O:-O
PS Isn't Schadenfreude great?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back