• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

March 2010 (1 Viewer)

March was everything that February wasn't: I managed to go birding every weekend of the month and really put the hours in, and consequently I saw a lot of birds in the whole month - 75 species in total. With visits to Pagham Harbour, Climping Gap, Pulborough Brooks, and the Arundel and London WWT centres, I managed to get a range of habitats in and so maximised the possible number of species. It was also heartening to see spring truly starting with flowers finally popping out, blossom appearing on trees, and the first spring arrivals (with chiffchaffs and sand martins being seen).

Full list below, including a couple of lifers for me:

Mute Swan
Canada Goose
Brent Goose
Egyptian Goose
Shelduck
Wigeon
Teal
Mallard
Pintail
Shoveler
Pochard
Tufted Duck
Goldeneye
Pheasant
Little Grebe
Great-crested Grebe
Cormorant
Grey Heron
Buzzard
Kestrel
Moorhen
Coot
Oystercatcher
Ringed Plover
Grey Plover
Lapwing
Sanderling
Dunlin
Snipe
Black-tailed Godwit
Curlew
Redshank
Turnstone
Black-headed Gull
Mediterranean Gull
Common Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Stock Dove
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Ring-necked Parakeet
Green Woodpecker
Great-spotted Woodpecker
Skylark
Sand Martin
Meadow Pipit
Water Pipit
Grey Wagtail
Wren
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Fieldfare
Song Thrush
Redwing
Mistle Thrush
Chiffchaff
Goldcrest
Long-tailed Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Jay
Magpie
Jackdaw
Rook
Carrion Crow
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Greenfinch
Goldfinch
Linnet
Reed Bunting

Nice list, I am just starting to get out for the first time this year and am still in the 30's so look at your list with envy. The wwt sounds good. Don

took my year count up to 40 today when we came across a Pheasant wandering across a country road. Its great to get out at last but I was still cold in the car even with the heater on

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back