• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Marrakech van hire (1 Viewer)

From memory, both Sixt and Hertz operate out of the airport, but may be worth having a look on a comparison website to get a better deal. Hope this helps.

From my memory car hire was horribly expensive. I used one of the local ones rather than the international ones. I didn't have any problems with the company but the car was a ***t heap. It made me laugh when they checked it over: it was just one big scratch so I'm not sure what they were looking for.

From my memory car hire was horribly expensive. I used one of the local ones rather than the international ones. I didn't have any problems with the company but the car was a ***t heap. It made me laugh when they checked it over: it was just one big scratch so I'm not sure what they were looking for.

Been quoted around £800 for 10 days via the usual searches which is very expensive. Be great if you could remember the firm you used Steve...

I am considering going in May so just looked, I see a typical compact car for approximately 15EU/day via kayak or other sites.

Anyone have experience taking one of these cheap reservations and arriving there and actually getting it at that price vs being forced to purchase additional insurance?

I hired a car in Marrakech a few years ago and paid nothing extra on top of my pre-paid rental contract. The rep tried to persuade me to pay excess waiver insurance, which I declined. Had no problems.

I booked using the HolidayAutos website, and have a stand-alone annual CDW excess policy - much cheaper than paying the waiver charged by rental companies.

I'm going to Marrakech in February, I won't be going far afield but I can ask when I'm there if that's any use. £800 plus fuel isn't much different to hiring a guide.

Been quoted around £800 for 10 days via the usual searches which is very expensive. Be great if you could remember the firm you used Steve...

Sorry I've searched through my emails without success. I found it by a Google search. They made no secret of the fact that their cars weren't new, so it might be worth searching for used car rentals.

I am considering going in May so just looked, I see a typical compact car for approximately 15EU/day via kayak or other sites.

Anyone have experience taking one of these cheap reservations and arriving there and actually getting it at that price vs being forced to purchase additional insurance?

That is much, much cheaper than the quotes I was getting. Although it was about eight years ago so things may have changed.

Our fully insured (including excess damage wavier) 5 door with two drivers is costing us £201.35. That is for 1 week in March. Previously my partner and I paid around £120 for a week back in 2014.
As previously mentioned, googling for deals should significantly reduce the premium you have quoted, holiday autos is as good a starting place as any.

Last edited:
Our fully insured (including excess damage wavier) 5 door with two drivers is costing us £201.35. That is for 1 week in March. Previously my partner and I paid around £120 for a week back in 2014.
As previously mentioned, googling for deals should significantly reduce the premium you have quoted, holiday autos is as good a starting place as any.

Got it down to 600 quid with a company on holiday autos, that's with insurance for two drivers, thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back