• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Masked Finfoot, Bangladesh (1 Viewer)

Thanks Michael,
thanks also for getting this trip off the ground and being the first to spot the Thrush, even though I had to tell you what it was ;)

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Pied Thrush (and I hope an enjoyable trip). As this is a national first (hence not in the fieldguide), in due course it would be great if you could pass on some details (observers, date, place, etc.) to go with the nice photos. My email address is in BirdingASIA - OBC country rep.
Many thanks
Paul

Congratulations on the Pied Thrush (and I hope an enjoyable trip). As this is a national first (hence not in the fieldguide), in due course it would be great if you could pass on some details (observers, date, place, etc.) to go with the nice photos. My email address is in BirdingASIA - OBC country rep.
Many thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,
don't have access to my Birding Asia stuff as I'm in Cyprus now.

I think Michael has GPS co-ordinates and the bird may still be present. it seemed to be happy in the tree in which it was feeding. 16th April 2023, Satchari national park.

Observers.

Michael Kearns
Andy Adcock
Chris Heard
James Bailey

Hi Andy and Michael,
Many thanks for the details. Yet another species added in Satchari NP. I had presumed you only visited the Sundarbans. Did you bird any other sites in the NE?
cheers
Paul

Hi Paul,
Apart from a handful of common birds seen en route, we only birded the Sundarbans and Satchari.
Cheers,
Michael
We had two Pigeons at Satchari which are listed as 'rare' and 'uncommon' respectively in the Helm guide, Wedge-tailed Green (2) and Thick-billed. I think James may have record shots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back