• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maven B3 8x30? (1 Viewer)

Wish I had known the O ring trick when I had mine. The only reason I sold them was because of the short eye cups. Pretty nice to have screw off eyecups. Great for cleaning also

Yes, they have the standard threading direction; just twist them up and keep turning and they should come off fairly easily. You'll see a little channel you can slip the o-ring into, then lightly snug the eye cup back down onto it.
Thanks for the tip-- I will give this a try.

I had the Maven B3s and sold them to get the Swaro CL. The B3 had a nice sweet spot In the center but was lacking in edge to edge clarity. I think the CL is much better optically.

Price is always the kicker..... But yes...anything at 2.5x has to be worth it...and the question to ask....do "YOU" feel the 2.5 cost factor is worth the Swaro over the Maven or Traveller etc. .... Bottom line, as always....

Models Maven B3 are sold out. How so?

B3 will be replaced by other models, or is discontinued, or ...?
I just reached out to Maven customer service and asked about this. Their response:
"The B.3 is just temporarily out of stock. We build our optics in small batches and have seen a significant increase in demand for our product over the last two years. In all reality, we can't build optics fast enough! ... Pair that with delayed shipping times for certain glass elements out of Japan and we will have some short term gaps while we try to catch back up. ... So, fear not! They B.3 isn't going away anytime soon. We are planning to have more towards the end of the month back on the website."

I just reached out to Maven customer service and asked about this. Their response:
"The B.3 is just temporarily out of stock. We build our optics in small batches and have seen a significant increase in demand for our product over the last two years. In all reality, we can't build optics fast enough! ... Pair that with delayed shipping times for certain glass elements out of Japan and we will have some short term gaps while we try to catch back up. ... So, fear not! They B.3 isn't going away anytime soon. We are planning to have more towards the end of the month back on the website."
I too am trying to buy some Maven B3. Talked to the company yesterday and was informed they hope to have more by mode July. And they have a list you can put your name on.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back