• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Melodious Warbler? - SW France (1 Viewer)

BillN

Seen yesterday about 7pm – SW France – rear garden - Melodious Warbler?
On the border of our rear garden are quite a few Blackthorn trees. I heard the bird singing, listened for a while but could not see it as it was well hidden. I walked over and the bird stopped singing, after a while it flew out and landed on the overhead wires.
I have listened to Melodious Warblers song on the internet and to me it sounded like one. It sang for a while in quite long bursts with an extensive range and seemed to keep going and going. I also found a few images (on the internet) which looked very much like this bird.
Legs were pale - part of the greenish tinge in the image could be a slight reflection as the overhead wires are that colour.
There was only one bird - I could not get an image of it's back - it was a very pretty little bird
Big crop at ISO400 ....... taken at 7pm....... fading light
Hopefully it will be out there again today.

Attachments

• warble_1.jpg
    warble_1.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 83
  • warble_2.jpg
    warble_2.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 138
  • warble_3.jpg
    warble_3.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
[QUOTE refractive index matching.[/QUOTE]

Jane..In layman's parlance would (RIM) translated... imply behaving in the manner of a Chameleon?..as I've witnessed this with polyglotta..to a remarkable degree. I've not found this stated in literature..ie Field guides etc..perhaps I'm not reading the right avian tabloids..kinda conjours up an amusing scenario (which I've witnessed) Sulphur yellow underparts and bright leaf green upperparts on the outside of a bush...turning to off-white unders and tea coloured uppers inside!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back