• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta 7x42 MeoStar Review (1 Viewer)

Thanks Lee, confident I will. The steadiness even gave the illusion of same if not even slightly larger magnification than the 8x Nikon, weird how optic/eye/hand/brain interaction works.

Just went back to the store and they found the fitting rainguard and non-generic objective caps, good service. My old short Vortex connected and good weather so I'm off into nature enjoying the birds and the bins :)

Thanks Lee, confident I will. The steadiness even gave the illusion of same if not even slightly larger magnification than the 8x Nikon, weird how optic/eye/hand/brain interaction works.

Just went back to the store and they found the fitting rainguard and non-generic objective caps, good service. My old short Vortex connected and good weather so I'm off into nature enjoying the birds and the bins :)

And 7x should make them quite usable when travelling by train too!

Lee

Yeah...when corona measures allow that again, sometime next year probably :( it is a real nice compact pair of 42s!

For anyone interested here in the US there is a Meostar 7X42 for sale on Rokslide. These do not come up for sale too often.

Andy W.

Damnit, the focuser got stuck, then got loose again but leaving the right tube unfocusable... Will have to send these in... Bummed out right now, but relying on Meopta.

A Meopta 7x42 surfaced on *bay and seemed in great condition. I could not resist the chance to try out a pair!
Delivery estimated around May 16th.
Did you got it, any thoughts to share? I’m really curious, never had a Meopta in my hands but read good reports about them.

Hey, I had it for a week now.

I am going to do a little write up on it. I am just waiting to get back another pair that a friend loaned from me (the smaller 8x32 Meopta). It will happen in a few days, I will probably meet the friend tomorrow (Sunday) for a birding session.

The 7x42 is actually a little better than I expected. Build quality is top notch. It puts many other ”alpha” binos to shame for build and handling and optically it is very good to excellent. I am positively surprised and I like it, for other reasons than other binos that I have.

I have used it almost everyday and sometimes together with the Zeiss 8x32FL and SFL 8x40 but most of the times only the Meopta 7x42.

I find I get a better feel for the binocular if I only bring one. I know what my other binos can and can’t do but the user experience is very different between them all, even if they are all very good to excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back