• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mexico pacific coast Nayarit bird ID request (1 Viewer)

ColinSev

Hello all,
Hello all,
I am in Puerto Vallarta for a few months and have spotted these birds that I cannot ID. I am from UK so all these birds are new to me. Your help would be appreciated, Cheers

Attachments

• Unknown BOP2.jpg
    Unknown BOP2.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Unknown1.jpg
    Unknown1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • unknown3.jpg
    unknown3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • bird1.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 47
1. Sharp-shinned hawk.
2. Unhelpful angle, and thus looks rather like a tanager (either summer tanager or hepatic tanager), but I think it's probably a painted bunting. Other photos could help.
3. A Myiarchus flycatcher.
4. Some warbler. Might help to tweak the photo to see into the murk obscuring the rear end.

1. Imm. Sharp-shinned Hawk
2. Female type Painted Bunting - awkward angle but bill appears too stubby for Tanager and Painted Buntings should be common in this area
3. Brown-crested Flycatcher - larger bill than other Myiarchus in area if I am remembering correctly
4. Nashville Warbler - yellow throat, greyish head and thick, complete eyering

1. Imm. Sharp-shinned Hawk
2. Female type Painted Bunting - awkward angle but bill appears too stubby for Tanager and Painted Buntings should be common in this area
3. Brown-crested Flycatcher - larger bill than other Myiarchus in area if I am remembering correctly
4. Nashville Warbler - yellow throat, greyish head and thick, complete eyering
thank you for your help.

1. Sharp-shinned hawk.
2. Unhelpful angle, and thus looks rather like a tanager (either summer tanager or hepatic tanager), but I think it's probably a painted bunting. Other photos could help.
3. A Myiarchus flycatcher.
4. Some warbler. Might help to tweak the photo to see into the murk obscuring the rear end.
Thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back