• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Might be of interest? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Imaged yesterday NE.London- a very odd looking Kestrel, never seen one looking quite like this before, with what might appear as flared UTC's and an Accipiter port wing and tail?

Cheers

Attachments

• P2230058.jpeg  Cross-dressing bop..jpeg
    P2230058.jpeg Cross-dressing bop..jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 198
Rest of the burst.

Cheers

Attachments

• P2230049.jpeg   Kes 2..jpg
    P2230049.jpeg Kes 2..jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 143
  • P2230059.jpeg   Kes 3..jpg
    P2230059.jpeg Kes 3..jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 89
  • P2230054.jpeg    Kes 5..jpg
    P2230054.jpeg Kes 5..jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 82
  • P2230056.jpeg   Kes 6..jpeg
    P2230056.jpeg Kes 6..jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 128
Ken Thanks for this but I wonder why you post these to the Q&A forum since you already know what they are. I think there are quiz channels etc where they might fit better...

Ken Thanks for this but I wonder why you post these to the Q&A forum since you already know what they are. I think there are quiz channels etc where they might fit better...

Ah,
the eternal Q, along with 'why does Ken get so many 'odd' birds'.

How can it be a quiz when the ID has already been clearly stated?

I suspect there are more bums on this forum that are of a BOP persuasion (self included) than there are on the quiz channel?

And here is a marginally better shot of what is almost certainly the same bird today, it would appear as MJB suggested, moult is the culprit.

Cheers

Attachments

• P2230306.jpeg      Kes 3..jpeg
    P2230306.jpeg Kes 3..jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
How can it be a quiz when the ID has already been clearly stated?

I suspect there are more bums on this forum that are of a BOP persuasion (self included) than there are on the quiz channel?

And here is a marginally better shot of what is almost certainly the same bird today, it would appear as MJB suggested, moult is the culprit.

Cheers

OK the bop forum then. Either way, arguably better posted elsewhere. Perhaps you had a question about its state of moult or similar. If so, surely better in the bop forum. IIUC, this one (Q&A)'s for people who don't know what their bird is and want to find out

OK the bop forum then. Either way, arguably better posted elsewhere. Perhaps you had a question about its state of moult or similar. If so, surely better in the bop forum. IIUC, this one (Q&A)'s for people who don't know what their bird is and want to find out

May I suggest that if (during this current Corona Virus crisis) this has upset you so much, that you ask the moderators to remove the thread and put it in the most appropriate forum, then I’m sure they’ll pull out all stops to satisfy your urgent needs!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back