• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox 7,5x44 IF (1 Viewer)

"Single ocular focussing for an especially fast identification of objects"
I'm lost for words at this.

My money is on the idea they are plain, old ordinary, individual focus binoculars. They use the term sports auto focus. Maybe people have wised up to that and now it is single ocular adjustment. Marketing at work.

Hello,

It is clearly aimed at hunters and wildlife stalkers, who should not be fooled by nonsensical advertising copy but its polycarbonate body may rouse suspicions about its robustness. It may even have been inspired by the 8x30 Zeiss Safari and its Nikon clone.
The configuration has some interesting aspects but as an IF, it is not for bird watchers.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Written by someone who has yet to attempt focusing binoculars.

Wrote by someone that has yet to ride a bike.;) All joking aside I think Mark has probably focused more binoculars than most of us will ever see!!!! I have this pair of Nikon IF binocular and they are pretty decent for being non phase -coated.

Arthur is this Nikon IF I have the Nikon clone of the Zeiss Safari? I have used this Nikon IF some looking in my field etc. but not birding much, I have enough binoculars for that.

Attachments

• with and  with out p-coating 009 (Small).jpg
    with and with out p-coating 009 (Small).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Wrote by someone that has yet to ride a bike.;) All joking aside I think Mark has probably focused more binoculars than most of us will ever see!!!! I have this pair of Nikon IF binocular and they are pretty decent for being non phase -coated.

Arthur is this Nikon IF I have the Nikon clone of the Zeiss Safari? I have used this Nikon IF some looking in my field etc. but not birding much, I have enough binoculars for that.

I was referring to the article Mark was commenting on. Not Mark's writing skills.

"Single ocular focussing for an especially fast identification of objects"
I'm lost for words at this.

Its 'spontaneous' too Mark!!

You don't need to be especially fast at identification to spot the BS here.
If only I could spell baloney

Which is a shame because if you were a yachtsman or other kind of sea-goer then a pair of these pre-focused on the middle distance would probably work fine for most nautical needs.

Lee

A CF model pre-focused works just as well of course.
I think they're counting on the generous depth of field at 7.5x and, like you said, pre-focusing to reduce the annoyance of having to focus.

I understand that they want to market a rugged binocular and that they feel there are reasons to make them IF. The sales pitch is nonsense however.

A CF model pre-focused works just as well of course.
I think they're counting on the generous depth of field at 7.5x and, like you said, pre-focusing to reduce the annoyance of having to focus.

I understand that they want to market a rugged binocular and that they feel there are reasons to make them IF. The sales pitch is nonsense however.

Absolutely right but a CF bino is more expensive to make.

The sales pitch is worse than that.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back