• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Missing male bluebird (1 Viewer)

mxmobley

United States
I have a nesting pair of bluebirds in my backyard. The last egg was laid March 6. Dad has been very attentive and doesn’t ever leave the area for long. He went missing on the 14th. Mom has remained with the eggs but I have not seen my Mr. Peepers since then. I looked outside briefly today to catch what I know was a male bluebird flying off from where he normally sits at the window with Mrs. Peepers. I couldn’t get a good look to determine if it was him or not. Is it normal for the male to go MIA during the incubation process? This is my second nesting experience and the last male did not ever leave during any of the nesting process. Help! I’m so upset that something may have happened to him and this is a new male trying to lure her away.

I certainly hope that nothing has happened to the male and hopefully he will be back shortly. please keep us updated.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi mxmobley and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

From what I can find, it's usually the female who incubates the eggs but the male helps feed the young. It seems Eastern bluebirds (which I am guessing are the ones in your area) are monogamous.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back