• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Mixed flock, Death Valley National Park, California. (1 Viewer)

SHolt

There are birds that are not yellow-headed black birds in this flock that I would appreciate assistance in identifying. Images taken 4/23/09. Perched in a Mesquite tree at -100 feet elevation. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• DSC_0293_Crop_Comp.jpg
    DSC_0293_Crop_Comp.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0294_Crop_Comp.jpg
    DSC_0294_Crop_Comp.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0296_Crop_Comp.jpg
    DSC_0296_Crop_Comp.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 97

Silverwolf

There are birds that are not yellow-headed black birds in this flock that I would appreciate assistance in identifying. Images taken 4/23/09. Perched in a Mesquite tree at -100 feet elevation. Thanks for the help!

Yes, they are Cowbirds. Also lucky you for seeing Yellow-headed Blackbirds. I've been trying to find one for seven years now.

Matt_RTH

Yes, they are Cowbirds. Also lucky you for seeing Yellow-headed Blackbirds. I've been trying to find one for seven years now.

Hey Keep your eyes opened for sightings at Ballona Wetlands, which is not too far from you as they seem to show there. Of course I saw more than I could count up at San Luis NWR.

Matt

SHolt

Thanks for the assistance. Yellow-headed Blackbirds are considered a pest where I live in Nevada.

Silverwolf

Hey Keep your eyes opened for sightings at Ballona Wetlands, which is not too far from you as they seem to show there. Of course I saw more than I could count up at San Luis NWR.

Matt

Yeah I go to this location almost weekly. I still don't believe I couldn't find the overwintering Long-tailed Duck despite being there so often. Still need Surfbird for a lifer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread