• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Mixed Shorebirds Quiz (1 Viewer)

Charles Harper

Régisseur
Sorry, I can't remember where we used to put these photo quizzes-- or if anyone is interested anymore. Here is one I just stole... but I figure it is all right, because it has proper credits on it, and maybe if Sumit or other OBC members don't blow the whistle, I'll get away with it.

Anyway-- before this disappears-- what species are represented?

(PS: there is no answer sheet)

Attachments

• during-low-and-high-tide1.jpg
    during-low-and-high-tide1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 204

Charles Harper

Régisseur
Hmm. It doesn't show up so good on my screen. Well, there's a curlew or something at one end... and maybe a tern at the other...

Jane Turner

So on guess work rather than ability to see anything.

Sharp-tailed Sands, Whimbrel, Terek Sandpiper (left hand end) Not sure what the leggy Tringa things are

Sumit

Charles Harper said:
Sorry, I can't remember where we used to put these photo quizzes-- or if anyone is interested anymore. Here is one I just stole... but I figure it is all right, because it has proper credits on it, and maybe if Sumit or other OBC members don't blow the whistle, I'll get away with it.

Anyway-- before this disappears-- what species are represented?

(PS: there is no answer sheet)
Charles,
Should I or should I not ?! ;)

Cheers!
Sumit

Users who are viewing this thread