• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mixed Shorebirds Quiz (1 Viewer)

Charles Harper

Régisseur
Sorry, I can't remember where we used to put these photo quizzes-- or if anyone is interested anymore. Here is one I just stole... but I figure it is all right, because it has proper credits on it, and maybe if Sumit or other OBC members don't blow the whistle, I'll get away with it.

Anyway-- before this disappears-- what species are represented?

(PS: there is no answer sheet)

Attachments

• during-low-and-high-tide1.jpg
    during-low-and-high-tide1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 204
So on guess work rather than ability to see anything.

Sharp-tailed Sands, Whimbrel, Terek Sandpiper (left hand end) Not sure what the leggy Tringa things are

Charles Harper said:
Sorry, I can't remember where we used to put these photo quizzes-- or if anyone is interested anymore. Here is one I just stole... but I figure it is all right, because it has proper credits on it, and maybe if Sumit or other OBC members don't blow the whistle, I'll get away with it.

Anyway-- before this disappears-- what species are represented?

(PS: there is no answer sheet)
Charles,
Should I or should I not ?! ;)

Cheers!
Sumit

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back