• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Monsieur Lefèvre's invalid (Northern) Gannet (1 Viewer)

mb1848

I am wondering if the female Hardy had any relation to Jacques Josse Hardy (1798-1863) of Dieppe? Any chance to recall the Buteo martini thread is appreciated. JJ Hardy is mentioned in List of type specimens of birds in the Baillon Collection

Last edited:

l_raty

laurent raty
Yes, my mistake, I misread it -- sorry. (Quite an odd 'G'; I don't know how I did not see the 'e', though.)

Elizabeth Gardey
b. in Bordeaux, 9 Prairial an IX = 29 May 1801, here, 4 E 845, 98/148.
m. to Amédée Lefèvre, in Bordeaux, 4 Feb 1834, here, 4 E 1099, 36/215 (here as "Elisabeth").
d. in Rochefort, 11 Oct 1877, here, 2 E 311/371*, 136/184.

Last edited:

Björn Bergenholtz

... earlier a k a "Calalp"
Oouups, :oops: sorry guys, I happened to open up a brand new thread: Eliza(beth)'s Mexican Sheartail Hummingbird (here), while you were busy solving the whole thing. Well done! (y)

Thus, Mark, I don't think you have to ponder over the possibility of a "relation to Jacques Josse Hardy" ;), but if you're still in need of the Buteo martini thread I assume it's this one (from March 2019).

Stay safe!

Lefèvre ... over and out

/B

Last edited:
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread