• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montreal mid-August (2 Viewers)

streatham

Hi all Canadian Birders,

I am on my way up to Montreal for a couple of days visiting friends and I am trying to get some information on finding birds in the area. Have trawled through a lot of info online and not come up with much. Can anyone suggest sites where there is a good chance of finding any of the following in the local area:

Least Bittern
Redhead
Yellow Rail
Sora
Upland Sandpiper
Black Tern
Philadelphia Vireo
Sedge Wren
GW Warbler
Cape-May Warbler
Clay-colored sparrow
Grasshopper Sparrow
Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow
Red Crossbill
WW Crossbill
Evening Grosbeak.

Thanks in advance - Luke

Hi Luke

not a lot of info on Canadian birding! Had that problem myself.

A few of those lower down in your list can be seen in Algonquin park north-westish of Montreal....

there are a few spots on the north side of the huge lake Ontario (I think) including one called Long Island that has a bird obs that might be better for some of the others....

I just stopped at likely looking spots on the road between Montreal and Toronto....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back