• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Moray birding (1 Viewer)

DMKSlater

Little Gull in Burghead bay as per Bird Guides and a stunning Knot in full plumage at Spey Bay as per Birding Ecosse.

DMKSlater

Thanks John, had a look for it today but no joy. Nice couple of hours spent on Findhorn Bay this morning 3 Spoonbills showing well at the mouth of the Findhorn, Two Greenshank and one Green Sandpiper off the salt marsh. All as per Birding Ecosse :)

DMKSlater

Some lucky person reported a Cory's Shearwater off Lossiemouth today. Well done to them!

As per bird guides ;-)

Ratal

7 Ospreys crossing from Black Isles southwards in a three hour period. One stopped to fish Ardesiere bay for half an hour. Nice ery hot very sunny afternoon.

DMKSlater

Good numbers of Common Scoter building up in the Moray Firth, 100/150. 1 Whimbrel over the lookout point at Burhead with two Bar Tailed Godwit. Peregrine on straw bale beside Netherton Farm, Findhorn Bay. As per Birding Ecosse.

DMKSlater

Autumn migration kicking off in Moray and Nairn today, Wryneck reported at Lossiemouth, along with Spotted Redshank, Little Stint at Nairn and a snowy owl on Ben Macdhui!! All as per bird guides

jpoyner

Autumn migration kicking off in Moray and Nairn today, Wryneck reported at Lossiemouth, along with Spotted Redshank, Little Stint at Nairn and a snowy owl on Ben Macdhui!! All as per bird guides

Other than an major tectonic plate movement you're just not going to get Ben Macdhui in to Moray Dave ;)
The Owl had been under suveillance by MI5 I think for a month over summer, but info leaked out, so chances are it's still up there and always has been....just a pretty big place to search!

DMKSlater

Other than an major tectonic plate movement you're just not going to get Ben Macdhui in to Moray Dave ;)
The Owl had been under suveillance by MI5 I think for a month over summer, but info leaked out, so chances are it's still up there and always has been....just a pretty big place to search!

Come independence John we can move the borders wherever ;-) Too far and too difficult for the Snowy, send me a pic if you go for it :) :)

Hugh Addlesee

Is that a claim from Highland for Ben Macdui. If so, hands off Aberdeenshire's share and I'm sure Moray birders will say the same for their part!
I wonder if the recent Snowy was ever seen on our side or only in Moray.

DMKSlater

The return of the King...... King Eider being reported Burghead Bay as per birdguides, wonder if it will follow usual pattern and head off before it comes out of moult, don't be fooled by the Common Eiders smart plumage, the King Eider lags behind in eclipse plumage.

Users who are viewing this thread