• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moray birding (1 Viewer)

Thanks John, had a look for it today but no joy. Nice couple of hours spent on Findhorn Bay this morning 3 Spoonbills showing well at the mouth of the Findhorn, Two Greenshank and one Green Sandpiper off the salt marsh. All as per Birding Ecosse :)

7 Ospreys crossing from Black Isles southwards in a three hour period. One stopped to fish Ardesiere bay for half an hour. Nice ery hot very sunny afternoon.

Good numbers of Common Scoter building up in the Moray Firth, 100/150. 1 Whimbrel over the lookout point at Burhead with two Bar Tailed Godwit. Peregrine on straw bale beside Netherton Farm, Findhorn Bay. As per Birding Ecosse.

Autumn migration kicking off in Moray and Nairn today, Wryneck reported at Lossiemouth, along with Spotted Redshank, Little Stint at Nairn and a snowy owl on Ben Macdhui!! All as per bird guides

Autumn migration kicking off in Moray and Nairn today, Wryneck reported at Lossiemouth, along with Spotted Redshank, Little Stint at Nairn and a snowy owl on Ben Macdhui!! All as per bird guides

Other than an major tectonic plate movement you're just not going to get Ben Macdhui in to Moray Dave ;)
The Owl had been under suveillance by MI5 I think for a month over summer, but info leaked out, so chances are it's still up there and always has been....just a pretty big place to search!

Other than an major tectonic plate movement you're just not going to get Ben Macdhui in to Moray Dave ;)
The Owl had been under suveillance by MI5 I think for a month over summer, but info leaked out, so chances are it's still up there and always has been....just a pretty big place to search!

Come independence John we can move the borders wherever ;-) Too far and too difficult for the Snowy, send me a pic if you go for it :) :)

Is that a claim from Highland for Ben Macdui. If so, hands off Aberdeenshire's share and I'm sure Moray birders will say the same for their part!
I wonder if the recent Snowy was ever seen on our side or only in Moray.

The return of the King...... King Eider being reported Burghead Bay as per birdguides, wonder if it will follow usual pattern and head off before it comes out of moult, don't be fooled by the Common Eiders smart plumage, the King Eider lags behind in eclipse plumage.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back