• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More help with Peru birds and Hummingbirds (1 Viewer)

DAVID LIVERMORE

These birds were shot at Agua Calientes near Machu Pichu in Peru. So many types of Hummingbirds that look almost the same. Any help again appreciated

Attachments

• DSC08195.jpg
    DSC08195.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC08395.jpg
    DSC08395.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC08534.jpg
    DSC08534.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC08547.jpg
    DSC08547.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC08631.jpg
    DSC08631.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 73
2 is Golden-crowned Flycatcher, my guess on the hummingbirds is maybe a Gray-breasted Sabrewing for the first and a White-bellied for the second.

Thanks for the help. Agree with 1 to 4(although 4 does look like a green crowned wood nimph but not found in that area. Still need to get number 5 if anyone can help.

Thanks again

number 4 could be green-and-white hummingbird.

these are extremely similar to white-bellied (can't remember the diagnostic features), but i think commoner in moist habitats and i believe aguas calientes is a known good site for them.

James

Yes Green and White and White Bellied are almost identical so will have to leave a question mark there. Thick Billed Euphonia looks the best match so thanks for your help.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back