• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More small Passerines, Montreal (1 Viewer)

rylirk

United Kingdom
These ones were taken at Jean Drapeau park this evening. I'm thinking Yellow-Rumped/Myrtle warbler for the first pic and Eastern Phoebe for the last? No clue on the others though!

Attachments

• P1140156.JPG
    P1140156.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • P1140181.JPG
    P1140181.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • P1140201.JPG
    P1140201.JPG
    631.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P1140214.JPG
    P1140214.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • P1140224.JPG
    P1140224.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
A bit tricky to brighten it without becoming washed out, but hopefully a bit more useful detail is visible now

Attachments

• P1140201.JPG
    P1140201.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 10
Here's another photo of #4, definite white eyering there so I guess Nashville Warbler is a good call!

Attachments

• P1140213.JPG
    P1140213.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 19
Also I realized I missed one photo when posting this: is this another bay-breasted? Seems quite red underwing, not sure if you'd expect that still in the Autumn?

Attachments

• P1140187.JPG
    P1140187.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 16
Here's another photo of #4, definite white eyering there so I guess Nashville Warbler is a good call!
This one makes me think Ruby-crowned Kinglet should be in play. It seems to have bright edges to the secondaries, and the eyering is much narrower at the top and bottom. Plus the bill looks quite thin and pointy. The first picture looked quite yellowish below, which made me think of the warbler, but this second picture is making me reconsider that.

There were rc kinglets on site, but I have to say I didnt get that vibe from this one at all. Seems too sleek/elongated to be a kinglet to me, and I think if anything the eyering is too thick? Also behaviorally it seemes much more calm and collected than I'm used to kinglets acting

1. Yellow-rumped Warbler
2/6. Bay-breasted Warbler
3. Cape May Warbler
4. Not a Ruby-crowned Kinglet; definitely a warbler. Nashville seems very likely but I could be convinced otherwise.
5. Eastern Phoebe

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back