• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morecambe Bay (1 Viewer)

Whats the best time of year to visit Morecambe Bay and the surrounding area. Also where is good for birding in this area?
Jackie

Or Walney, or Foulney, or Cavendish Dock.

It is a big area, depends where you plan to go. Where to watch birds in Cumbria, Lancashire and Cheshire would be a good place to start.

Regards,

Stephen.

Hello Jackie

I would agree with all the above and also recommend the book :-

Bird Watching Walks around Morecambe Bay by John Wilson & David Hindle.

Recommended in another thread (thanks ?) and an excellent guide.

I particularly like Arnside to Warton with the bonus of Leighton Moss in the middle. It surely must have as many distinct habitats in such a small area as anywhere else I know.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back