• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morning at the Burgh (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
I had a nice long walk at The Burgh near Arundel today, It's a shooting estate but they have created a lot of habitat and it is an excellent place for Farmland Birds, I don't understand what motivates people to shoot birds for fun but at least this lot tolerate raptors and have done good work creating plenty of habitat, with good hedges and plenty of strips planted with seed plants for the birds a good mixture, I haven't been for ages and they have created a new pond since I was last there. The highlight was a Ringtail Hen Harrier which took me by surprise, plenty of Raptors with 2 Marsh Harriers, numerous Red Kites, I probably saw at least 10, a load of Buzzards, a couple of Kestrels, a Peregrine and a good number of Ravens about as well. Plenty of small stuff as well, most numerous probably Linnets but a lot of Chaffinches as well, Yellowhammers, Goldfinch, Reed Buntings and Brambling. My first flock of Fieldfares for ages and a nice group of Long-tailed Tits. Was also a lot of Grey Partridge which seemed to take particular delight in bursting from cover right next to me leading me to wonder where the nearest defibrillator is located!!
A grey day, difficult for pictures but I did me best!! Fuller report and some pics on the blog at the link.

Attachments

• 559A1502.JPG
    559A1502.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 559A1509.JPG
    559A1509.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 5
  • 559A1672.JPG
    559A1672.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 559A1714.JPG
    559A1714.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 4
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back