• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Mostly Mobile Centric - 3 things I miss - Views, Who Posted last, and Who is Viewing the Thread (all devices) (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Ollie - I really miss these 3 things. Really miss them. 90% of the time I access the site via my mobile (Samsung Note 3).

1) I cannot see thread view counts on my mobile phone. It looks like there is space to include this field.

2) I cannot see who posted last on a thread when viewing on mobile. Again it looks like there is enough space.

This is a very handy feature - it let's me avoid certain posters who are proven to be more or less FOS, and just go and read another thread. Conversely it alerts me to a member who I know is someone I would like to read or interact with.

3) There is no list at the bottom of a thread page of who is currently viewing that thread on either device. Again space should be available.

I really used to like this information - super useful - it gave a sense of community, informed whether there were members I would like to interact with, and how many were interested in that topic or conversation, and whether a worthwhile thread was likely developing.

I'm hoping that you can please activate /install these 3 features for mobile users - and item 3) for all device users. Thank you.

Chosun 🙆

tenex

reality-based
3) There is no list at the bottom of a thread page of who is currently viewing that thread on either device. Again space should be available.
I do (now, just added?) see a list of who is viewing on the forum page. But this also gets into privacy issues.

There is a setting for whether members want others to see "what page"(?) they're viewing, which I have not ticked, and yet I appear in the list of who is viewing this forum just because I did agree to let others see when I was "online". I think this is confusing and should be cleared up.

Personally I don't really pay attention to who's online (and sometimes wish they weren't) because replies can quickly pile on top of one another without much thought, and this isn't Twitter.

Kits

Picture Picker
Not everyone viewing a thread shows. I had this same problem on the old site. In Word Association just now it showed Mike C and me as viewing the thread but there suddenly appeared a post from Delia who was not showing as being in the thread. I’ve no idea if it is possible for a poster to hide the fact that they are viewing a thread or if the same glitch is on here. It only ever happens with Delia, every one else is visible.

Users who are viewing this thread