• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mouse ID question (1 Viewer)

Swindon Addick

Supporter
Wales
I was assuming this was a wood mouse, but started to doubt myself. It had got itself inside my suet block feeder and was having the time of its life...

IMG_3774a  Mouse 21 Mar 2021.jpgIMG_3772a.jpgIMG_3779a.jpg

It looks like a Wood Mouse to me. The tail, though long, is very thin - that on a Yellow-necked is more substantial. The eye in the face looks huge, because the face itself is small. Finally the coat seems brown with not much orangey tone to it, rather a yellow tint to the flanks.

Overall size is hard to judge on a photo though you of course have the option of measuring the grid size of the cage!

Cheers

John

Thanks. Either species is a garden tick so I'm happy enough just knowing which it is.

The squares in the feeder are an inch each side.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back