• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Mr. Muñoz Tébar's Spinetail (1 Viewer)

Björn Bergenholtz

... earlier a k a "Calalp"
Here´s a small, possible addition on ...

munoztebari as in:
• subspecies Synallaxis unirufa munoztebari PHELPS & PHELPS 1953 (here):
It gives us great pleasure to name this bird in honor of Sr. Ricardo Muñez Tébar. His youth hides many years of sound taxonomic work by which he has earned the respect of all Venezuelan ornithologists and especially of his colleagues in the Phelps Collection of which he is Assistant Curator.
= the Venezuelan ornithologist Ricardo Muñoz Tébar a k a "Muñoz-Tébar" or "Muñoz-Tébar B", here ... whose full name (seems to be) Ricardo Muñoz Tébar Broadbent, thereby I guess the spelling in the OD of "Sr. Ricardo Muñez Tébar" to be a simple typo alt. a Printers error. Compare with the scientific name munoztebari itself.

In any case; Mr. Muñoz Tébar (Broadbent) was still going strong, at least in 1999 (here), Member of UVO (Unión Venezolana de Ornitólogos) and (from what I can tell, with no understanding of Spanish) I think he was the President of SVCN (Sociedad Venezolana de Ciencias Naturales) in 2010 (here).

If ever also an engineer, as have been claimed, is unknown to me.

For what it´s worth.

Björn

Björn Bergenholtz

As I noted that today's HBW Alive Key hesitate on my suggested "2010" and only mention this guy as:
Dr Ricardo Muñoz-Tébar B. (fl. 1999), Venezuelan civil engineer, ornithologist ...

I assume Mr (Ricardo, I assume) Muñoz Tébar was alive, at least, on the 29th of October 2009, as he at that certain date, at 9:40 a.m., was supposed to lecture on the History of La Sociedad Venezolana de Ciencias Naturales (according to this program here) ... at that point (also) mentioned as "Presidente" of SVCN.

And after that? He simply vanished ... (at least from the internet).

Anyone know any additional facts on him?

Or something contradictory? For example; what about the "B."/"Broadbent" part?

And what kind of "Dr"?

/B
__

Last edited:

Taphrospilus

Here as:

Conservador Aisstente de la Colección Ornitológica Phelps

It may be worth to contact Fundación William H. Phelps for possible further information or here some more information about Colección Ornitológica William H. Phelps.

Here as....

Dr. Ricardo Muñoz Tébar, ingeniero de costas y ornitólogo

or [URL="https://oscartenreiro.com/2013/09/21/tristeza/"]here[/URL] as...

...que la Gobernación del Estado encargaría al ingeniero de Costas Ricardo Muñoz Tébar.

Last edited:

Björn Bergenholtz

Thanks for the assistance Martin!

However I would say that La Sociedad Venezolana de Ciencias Naturales ([email protected]), would be a better, more appropriate reciever for such an e-mail, at least to start with, as he clearly was connected to that certain organisation, less than a decade ago?

The link to Fundación William H. Phelps (and his paper in Memoria de la Sociedad de Ciencias Naturales La Salle) is from 1950 ...

Either way; I will not send them such an e-mail, simply too busy with my MS. Mr Ricardo Muñoz Tébar is/was only yet another "guy" crossing my path, while searching for others.

If anyone does send it? Please keep us updated.

Cheers!

Björn

Users who are viewing this thread