• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Resolved Multiquote feature AWOL ? (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Well, solved this question above thanks to a post by Deb in another thread.

However, I went to copy the link to that post and this is what has pasted in ..... arrgggh !

this HTML class. Value is https://www.birdforu

I'm going to just manually copy the text in so folks can find an answer to my original question - and Ollie can cross that particular one of the list ......

But these Lynx are going berko !! 😲

Chosun 🙆

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
OK - so this is the text of Deb's post & we can consider my OP answered:

QUOTES
Another great feature seems to be that you can now quote several people at the same times in one post by first creating your post reply box and then select whom you want to quote by holding finger/mouse over any part of someone’s post until a ‘reply prompt’ appears - click that and it automatically creates a quote box by that person in your new post and you can then copy and paste in however much of their post you want straight into the quote box in your reply box and so on for multiply quotes.If you want to split their posts and quote a section at a time, just create a new quote box each time in exactly the same way, by holding finger/mouse down on any part of their post until ‘reply’ appears, then click reply and it will automatically insert another quote box attributed to that person in your reply box- (it also keeps the quote box if they have quoted you in their post you are now quoting) No need anymore for messy quotes or typing QUOTE numerous times in order to quote several people in one post - excellent improvements in formatting..

Chosun 🙅

tenex

reality-based
So after I've used "+Quote" several times, where do all those go? They don't show up in the reply box at the bottom, as"Reply" does.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
So after I've used "+Quote" several times, where do all those go? They don't show up in the reply box at the bottom, as"Reply" does.
Once you have selected a quote or quotes and are ready to respond there will be an insert quotes box at the bottom of your reply box. Click that and then choose the quote(s) you want inserted.

tenex

reality-based
Thanks Lisa, sure enough, didn't see the "Insert quotes" button had appeared.

Last edited:

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
Thanks Lisa, sure enough, didn't see the "Insert quotes" button had appeared
The quotes have always been there Tenex - don’t forget you can rearrange the order or remove any of the quotes on the list before pressing the ‘use quotes’ button

Users who are viewing this thread