• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Murderous buzzard (1 Viewer)

john.crosbie

This morning I witnessed one buzzard killing another. I thought it was then devouring the carcass - but after the murderer left I went to the site and the corpse was intact, although a number of downy feathers had been ripped out of the body. There was another buzzard in the vicinity at the time. I have been unable to find any explanation online, but my thoughts would be territorial or a juvenile not leaving the area. Could anyone shed any light on this please?

Welcome to Birdforum John, that all sounds very dramatic, in the breeding season Buzzards can be very agressive to other intruding Buzzards, but at this time of year it must be unusual. I suppose you have eliminated Goshawk as the aggressor?

Sir, the more you look the more see that war and death is found everywhere and I mean everywhere. Ya think it was us humans who came up with it? Cain and Abel may have been the first men to have fought a battle to death but birds and animals were doing it for aeons before. Y’all stay safe now and have yourself a good day

This morning I witnessed one buzzard killing another. I thought it was then devouring the carcass - but after the murderer left I went to the site and the corpse was intact, although a number of downy feathers had been ripped out of the body. There was another buzzard in the vicinity at the time. I have been unable to find any explanation online, but my thoughts would be territorial or a juvenile not leaving the area. Could anyone shed any light on this please?

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
It is strange:eek!::eek!::eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back