• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Musing on birding as a hobby but... (1 Viewer)

PaulCountyDurham

United Kingdom
Birds are active all day long. Yes, they're more active in the morning, but I regularly get late starts or go birding all day. Sometimes my best birds are in the middle of the day.

Aye, active doesn't necessarily mean more accessible. I can think of certain birds that are very active in the morning but they're so far up in the tree tops the best you're gonna get are numerous fleeting glimpses.

Peregrine Took

United Kingdom
The term 'build it and they will come' came to mind this morning, when my wife alerted me to half a dozen goldfinches on her un-dead-headed rudbeckia, after the seeds. Same might apply to you Paul, put some food out, and plant some bird-friendly plants and you'll attract plenty of interesting birds.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread