• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Audubons Arrived Today (1 Viewer)

rdnzl

Not Sure.
United States
They arrived today, from across the pond. They truly are in gorgeous, pristine condition. They must not have been used much at all. They are larger than I imagined, but not ridiculously so. They fit my big paws quite well. The focuser is silky smooth. The glass looks new, with not a mark or smudge. Looking into the objectives I don't see any dirt, dust or anything at all. Even the leather case shows minimum handling marks.

I was out in the yard viewing a few squirrels and rabbits. A few Robins. These things almost have a 3D effect to them, with a great FOV. Nice and bright, with very precise focus. I was viewing some manufacturer ID plates on a transformer can, on a power pole across the street, and even the fine print was very distinct and readable. Very impressive. I used to have some Swarovki roof's and I don't remember being this impressed. Maybe its just the new car smell, but these are super nice binos

Attachments

• IMG_8777aaaaa.jpg
    IMG_8777aaaaa.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 99
They are a lovely Bino for sure, the MK2's I have feel very solid like they'd last forever. I also now have the HR/5 which I've just repaired. Smaller body and while very nice, it's a shame they moved to plastic for the eyecups rather than the metal body ones of the older models. Still very nice optics of course just not quite as solid.

They are a lovely Bino for sure, the MK2's I have feel very solid like they'd last forever. I also now have the HR/5 which I've just repaired. Smaller body and while very nice, it's a shame they moved to plastic for the eyecups rather than the metal body ones of the older models. Still very nice optics of course just not quite as solid.
Funny, my HR5's have rubber eyecups that I find excellent?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back