• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My local patches have been poor this May. (1 Viewer)

senatore

I live near Solihull in the West Midlands and have a few local patches that I regularly visit and,except for the first few days, May has been a disappointing month this year for birding with very little about.

How have your local patches been for you this month?

Max.

reasonably crap to be honest (best this month on my patch were a Hobby and a couple of Spot Flys), the weather has done me zero favours ..

Absolutely crap! There's only so many times you can count 24 shelduck and 2 Redshank!!! Having said that, on Monday had a "Big" day with 2 greenshank and 2 LRP...oh the joy!!
Time to get meself a pager and feck off to where the birds are!

Phil

2nd of May I dip a Gull-billed Tern, then migrants stopped migrating.....slow, slow, slow.........

Then, over the last week, I'm all smiles again thanks to some brilliant seawatching. Count myself well privileged to have some sea to watch!

Gavin Haig said:
2nd of May I dip a Gull-billed Tern, then migrants stopped migrating.....slow, slow, slow.........

Then, over the last week, I'm all smiles again thanks to some brilliant seawatching. Count myself well privileged to have some sea to watch!

Yeah, one or two of us had noticed! Only kidding, gripping stuff over the past few weeks, keep it coming.

I agree, though Max, been pretty dissappointing down here. The migrants were really late and just seemed to be "Damped off". My worry now is all this wet weather is going to have a drastic affect on some raising young. God we need a break!

I agree Mynydd, The relentless rain is having a bad affect on a lot of wildlife. Some of my wildlife projects have taken a battering. I can hear chicks, so fingures crossed there.

Thanks everyone for letting me know that we are not suffering alone here in the West Midlands with poor birding.

The only solution I think is that we must insist that all those birders in Norfolk and Suffolk send some birds to us as they have got far too many!!!!!

Max.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back