• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My repair process by Swarovski (1 Viewer)

Popeyethesailor

United Kingdom
My repair process by Swarovski, fault was blurry image and dark circle when on full magnification only 6 months old from new.

It may be of interest to someone but this is my recent repair process time line.

I hand delivered my ATX complete scope at the Swarovski HQ not far from Gatwick which took me a few minutes to find the right place as they don’t advertise in any way who they are.

Very nice lady took my scope all wrapped up in bubble wrap and gave me a receipt, I explained I had only had it for 6 months and she said she will put it down as priority but bear in mind it’s taken them around 6 weeks to process at the min, I said that’s better then what Austria told me which was 12 weeks.

Now I attached an apple air tag to the scope mainly to watch it through the postal system and make sure it arrives, I did think they may not be happy with me tracking it my self but it’s better to ask for forgiveness then permission I thought 😊

It was on the road the next day and went on a random road trip around the south of England for 2 days before going through the tunnel into Europe where it then took about 4 days to arrive in Austria after stopping of at mainly airports, it spend over a week at a dept literally 1/2 a mile from its final destination.

When it finally arrived at Swarovski it took just over a week before it moved and they acknowledged receipt of it via email.

3 days later they emailed to say it was fixed and had been dispatched, I did email them back asking if they could tell me what was wrong with it but a very carefully worded email was sent back saying it was cleaned and they replaced some small parts!

It moved speedily through Austria to Munich airport where it departed by plane to the uk and was with me the very next day.

All in all it was at Swarovski HQ for just under 2 weeks and spent most of the time travelling and in depots, whole process was 35 days.

As for the repair it’s certainly better than it was but I am convinced I can still see a darker patch in the Center of the image on full magnification against a light background.

I had a somewhat similar experience a few years ago with an eyepiece I sent to Swarovski to be repaired. Dark patch visible against a lighter background - sent for repair - came back improved but not resolved. As I was conscious of this defect in the eyepiece I noticed it every time I looked through the scope. Wasn't happy with it so contacted Swarovski again and to their credit they replaced the eyepiece. If you're not happy with it now it will just fester with time. I'd get back on to Swarovski and get them to sort it out. The inconvenience of being without the scope for a short while is well worth it in the long term. Good luck!

I had a somewhat similar experience a few years ago with an eyepiece I sent to Swarovski to be repaired. Dark patch visible against a lighter background - sent for repair - came back improved but not resolved. As I was conscious of this defect in the eyepiece I noticed it every time I looked through the scope. Wasn't happy with it so contacted Swarovski again and to their credit they replaced the eyepiece. If you're not happy with it now it will just fester with time. I'd get back on to Swarovski and get them to sort it out. The inconvenience of being without the scope for a short while is well worth it in the long term. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, I really want to try another scope to see if maybe it’s me and my eye placement first as I am now doubting my self after Swarovski said it’s now perfect!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back