• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My videoreview of Fujinon HC 8x42 (2 Viewers)

binomania

Hi from Italy. I have just published the review and a 25 minute video where I illustrate my impressions regarding these binoculars with ED and Lanthanum lenses. How to read subtitles in your language... Enable italian subtitles on the video, i. To translate, click on the gear icon at the bottom right of the player, and click on the items "Subtitles"- "Automatic translation" Have a nice week end to all!
Pier

Thank you so much, Piergiovanni, for this great review!

I think you have given us an exellent account of the characteristics of the new Fujinon HC.

I concur with almost everything you say about the HC; the only two points where I - respectfully - see things a bit differently, are the following:

- you write that the HC presents for you the best optics of any Fujinon binocular. For me, the large Porro model FMT-SX2 10x50 is the ultimate Fujinon glass I know. The HC is very nice, but not as outstanding as the FMT

- speed of focus: you mention that it needs one turn of the focus knob to focus from 2m to infinity. I find this very interesting; my own measurement (see
https://www.birdforum.net/threads/f...w-roof-prism-binos.395302/page-5#post-4133975 )

resulted in 480 degrees rotation between 3m and infinity (instead of your less than 360 degrees) and placed the HC as the 8x42 bino with the slowest focus speed I am aware of (this may be an issue for birders, it is of course irrelevant for astro uses). It‘s almost as if you and I tested different versions of the same binocular.

The difference seems too large to be explained as sample variation. May be someone can explain it?

fwiw Canip

Hi Canip. Thanks for the comment. In the article I wrote that I think it is the best Fujinon "roof" I have tried. I also love the Fuji 10x50, in fact, I recommended it (in the written article) for astronomical use. Very strange the difference about focus knob.. My specimen from 2.5 meters to infinity runs exactly 320 ° of wheel rotation.. Ciao!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back