• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery Birds (1 Viewer)

Michael's correct,but coconut to Jason for flavissima...taken at Reculver,Kent in April this year.
I have got some better pics of the Shrike,but not,unfortunately,good enough for the Gallery.
How about this one,also taken in Kent this year.

Attachments

• DSCN1307.JPG
    DSCN1307.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 172
Not a Twite I fear, the wing pattern and lack of body streaking is wrong

Black Redstart - could be, but the uppertail coverts are visible, and aren't orange-red, so I'm a bit doubtful of that

It does look horribly like a juv Starling, but why would someone take a photo of one and post it as a quiz (well, I suppose it could happen!!). All the same, I think that's what I'll go for

Michael

It looks a bit mottled on the underparts for Starling. Surely not even Trevor is twisted enough to photograph a Starling?

Almost ashamed to give the answer now!
Michael,I didn't take it especially for a quiz...but it did fool one or two!

Thanks,Chris,yes I am twisted enough.

In any event,Jason(Bluetail)is the 'kiddie'....I shall be taking my autograph book to the 'Devon Bash' as a direct consequence. ;)

CJW said:
It looks a bit mottled on the underparts for Starling. Surely not even Trevor is twisted enough to photograph a Starling?
CJ,shame on you.One of my best photos was of a Starling!!!

Hi Helvetia,

Welcome to BirdForum. Please post something about yourself in "Say Hello" so we can get to know you.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back