• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery call, Fife, Scotland 10/10/16 (1 Viewer)

Stonefaction

Dundee Birding....(target 150 in 2024).
Scotland
I'm fairly sure this is probably just something relatively common, but I can't quite place it and my guesses have come back blank. However, I did chase around a calling bird that afternoon that was reminiscent of Yellow Browed Warbler but wasn't quite the same - however we never did manage to put an ID to the bird. This may or may not be that same bird, I can't remember. Any help welcomed.

Video clip is here....

https://twitter.com/SFbirding/status/1303360967632355328?s=20

Have attached sonogram and crudely captured mp.3 of the call to this post.

Attachments

• sonogram.jpg
    sonogram.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Mystery call.mp3
    558.7 KB · Views: 43
Without reading your post I was just listening and thought it pretty much sounds like a Yellow-browed Warbler song. So, that would fit your suspicion. As other Phyllos some sing in autumn - possibly to practice...

Roland, I hadn't actually checked out YBW song (just calls) but it does look spot on for YBW when comapred on Merlin app recording and sonogram. Thanks, that explains the familiarity.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back