• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name a Bird You've Photographed (1 Viewer)

For the second time, but this time I think that it is not a duplicate so I won't delete it....

3802. Olivaceous Piculet Picumnus olivaceus Costa Rica

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Olivaceous Piculet 003.jpg
    Olivaceous Piculet 003.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 2
Two unplayed piculets but not sure if I have photos of either but another woodpecker...

3808. Cardinal Woodpecker Dendropicus fuscescens Uganda

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• 01 Cardinal Woodpecker 006.JPG
    01 Cardinal Woodpecker 006.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 01 Cardinal Woodpecker 007.JPG
    01 Cardinal Woodpecker 007.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 2
Two unplayed piculets but not sure if I have photos of either but another woodpecker...

3808. Cardinal Woodpecker Dendropicus fuscescens Uganda

All the best

Paul
Has Cardinal Lory been played? I searched this thread but didn't see it. On the spreadsheet it is listed at number 6154, but the current number posted is 3808 so I'm not sure. Anyway, if it hasn't been played, here's a picture of another Cardinal - and #3809 unless I've failed to read the spreadsheet correctly (very likely).

Attachments

• Cardinal Lory.jpg
    Cardinal Lory.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 2
Has Cardinal Lory been played? I searched this thread but didn't see it. On the spreadsheet it is listed at number 6154, but the current number posted is 3808 so I'm not sure. Anyway, if it hasn't been played, here's a picture of another Cardinal - and #3809 unless I've failed to read the spreadsheet correctly (very likely).

The spreadsheet has the following columns:-

1. The number on the left is the Row Number;
2. Column A is scientific name;
3. Column B is vernacular English IOC name (Common Name);
4. Column C is IOC Number;
5. Column D is the number added when a species is played.

Cardinal Lory is new.

All the best

Paul

Cardinal, Preist, Bishop
3811. Southern Red Bishop, Euplectes orix, Queen Elizabeth II NP--Kazinga Channel Bridge, Uganda November 2022

Attachments

• 517417561.jpg
    517417561.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thank you Paul, now I get it (I'm slow on computers). In that case, and sticking to the avian clergy, Cardinal Myzomela for 3812. Edit: Photo taken 2011, Espiritu Santo Island, Vanuatu.

Attachments

• Cardinal Myzomela.jpg
    Cardinal Myzomela.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Unable to find a Bell Miner pic on a quick check, I will go Bearded to Crested....

3816. Crested Bellbird Oreoica gutturalis Australia

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• 20240612_141640.jpg
    20240612_141640.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back