• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name a Bird You've Seen 2 (1 Viewer)

Well, I'm out of Venezuelan stuff that hasn't already been posted, and looks like you've stumped others too, Rob. So tenuous link alert time again - S American and some of same colours, sort of:

8906 Red-and-white Crake

A really tenuous link as I'm running low on birds to play (Y-b Crake is medium size in the family) and Galapagos is in the Americas so

8911 Medium Tree Finch

I'll stick with an Island endemic which might also be lumped (Torotoroko with Madagscan) v Moluccan with Fork-tailed/ Philippine

8915 Moluccan Drongo Cuckoo

Yellow-breasted Crake is miniscule! Must be hardly any species smaller than it in the family😆
Well spotted. I have to admit to just looking briefly at P182 in All the Birds of the World and it looked medium size alongside others in the family but in looking at measurements agree it is very small. As I was being tenuous perhaps I should just have said they both occur in Ecuador.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back