• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Advice for Protecting Nature (1 Viewer)

kylekwasnick

Hello my name is Kyle Kwasnick and I live in Duarte California. I have a concern that I need some advice on involving occupants of the San Gabriel Riverbed. There are two natural residents of the riverbed; the Least Tern and the Bell's Vireo. These two birds are being pushed out of their*natural habitat by people occupying the river. I'm concerned as to what actions can be done to protect the natural environment of the riverbed. There is a large amount of trash and human waste that is constantly being spread throughout the entire area. I'm worried about the repercussions of introducing trash and human waste into the riverbed that is then introduced to the water table as well as our water table. Can you please offer some advice as to what can be done to protect the wildlife plants and animals that are in and around the river.

Last edited:
Hi there Kyle and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Have you tried contacting your local parks and recreation division or the division that handles that river area and explain to them what is going on there? Perhaps they could put up a couple of signs advising what is not acceptable.

We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Kyle and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi Kyle and welcome to the forum. I can’t give anymore advice than what KC did.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back