• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Need feedback: Nikon Monarch HG durability? (1 Viewer)

dries1

I think that if one buys it new, the warranty will cover what ever mishaps come along, except abuse of course. There has also been issues with armor and other glitches from the big three from folks I know who do not bird, but participate in the other sport. If one uses these instruments daily in different environments there are bound to have issues down the road. I think Nikon has been very successful with many of their products old and new.

Borjam

Supporter
Agree that stock is low and they are currently not easy to find available for sale, but like others have said - there is no indication they’ve been discontinued. Nikon’s future as a premium binocular manufacturer - who knows?
Who knows, maybe the infamous Ever Given, still moored near Port Said, has several containers full of Monarch HG's ;)

Borjam

Supporter
I know, but it spent several days moored near Port Said. It has sailed today, destination seems to be Rotterdam.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread