• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help with baby birds please (1 Viewer)

Emilyb81

United Kingdom
Ok posted the other day about some baby robins my sister found inside her green bin in garden.... But now has another situation going on so im posting for help/advice please?
Hi peeps unfortunately the baby robins didn't make it :-( my sister watched (without going near) for several days the parents went in and out then all of a sudden stopped? Then upon checking she found the little ones had all died :-( so not sure what happened there but it must be a battle to keep 3 babies alive? And she assures me she didn't go back into the bin etc so I'm confident it wasn't caused by humans interfering? Just a sad thing :-( Now today my sister has this time been outside and moved her black bin to get it ready to be collected and saw 2 baby birds behind the bin? She has looked closer and there is a broken nest next to them she put them back into the nest but they keep wiggling out and nearly falling?? She isn't sure if she broke the nest when she moved the bin or if it was already like that? But she isn't sure what to do now? She has 2 dogs (puppies) who are obviously curious and sniffing around so shes trying to keep them inside and she has put them (the birds) in a tea towel to try and stop them wiggling out so much? They arent fledglings yet I don't think? But she is currently watching to see if any parent birds come back? So watching from afar but she is panicking about these 2 dying like the others and the RSPB says not to contact them about baby birds (helpful?) So not sure what she should do? The nest is broken i will attach video's she sent me these babies don't look good to be honest.....

Attachments

• VID-20220422-WA0013.mp4
    8.7 MB
Yeah she is going to do that i think but her only worry was the nest is no longer a nest its broken in half? So they can't stay in it i don't think but i guess it's up to God.....

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back