• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nest and egg ID please (1 Viewer)

any idea of size of egg, location, habitat, distance from water, country????

Could be anything from Gannet to Mallard on that information.

It was on a platform in a Dock i wont say where, but i think its too big for a mallard dont you:eat:

well, i wasn't there so i can't say! There's nothing to guage the scale by. And city/region/country would be helpful.

Could be goose, swan, cormorant.............

can anyone say what this bird is please

at least what continent was it taken on? I dont know much about eggs but its not an american robin and not a swallow nest, swift, hawk, or owl nest for sure. can you estimate the size of the nest? that would narrow it down more

at least what continent was it taken on? I dont know much about eggs but its not an american robin and not a swallow nest, swift, hawk, or owl nest for sure. can you estimate the size of the nest? that would narrow it down more
Europe/England/Preston Dock

No camoulflage so that rules out species like gulls / waders /terns - then perhaps something like a cormorant as its sort of duck egg blue.

Ah, six inches.
Now that's a White stork then;).

Not even they have eggs that big. (Golden eagles' are c. 3 1/2 inches!)

6 inches, apparently. Must be a velociraptor egg. Or a troll egg.
You missed your way in life pal you should be on the stage, if i dont have an answer to a question i keep my mouth shut, its because of people like you that we get people barred from forums, just for giving you back the c**p that you give out:C8-P

No way no how the egg is 6 inches from tip to tip i think it may be a Cormorant, would a Double crested cormorant be here now;)

Sounds pretty much like an ostrich, then. Rheas eggs can just about get to that size, but I think that 5" is more normal. Don't know about emus or cassowarys - are there many known records from Preston? Ostrich seems much more likely.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back