• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New APM APO 85/95mm. (1 Viewer)

Just noticed that APM sells a version of the 95 with the Swarovski 25-50x zoom that results on 30-60x. I wonder how this would compare to the Meopta 82 or the Nikon Monarch82, both with their zooms 30-60x?
What do you think Canip?
I know it's bigger and heavier but I'm curious about image quality...

I know neither the Meopta nor the Nikon scope, unfortunately.
The Swaro zoom eyepiece does improve the performance of the APM in my experience.

Might be just because nobody here besides Canip has one? So that'll leave my question unanswered. Sigh. He seemed quite positive though.

Last IWA (trader fair) I met them and was impressed by the quality. Asking for the possibility of a dealership, I was told they didn't sell through dealers.
On my question what they thought to accomplish on a traders fair with this business model I did not get an answer.

Jan

Last IWA (trader fair) I met them and was impressed by the quality. Asking for the possibility of a dealership, I was told they didn't sell through dealers.
On my question what they thought to accomplish on a traders fair with this business model I did not get an answer.

Jan

I see that skygazeoptics based in Texas here in the States have these scopes listed for sale.

Jan
Lol, awkward. Interesting though you were impressed by the quality. Thanks for the anecdote.

These spotting scopes will gain interest with the new wide-zoom that will be released APM wide-zoom
If the ep will be really good, it might be interesting also for those with old zooms on their Swaro A-STS.
There will be a 1.25" version but most probably will not reach focus on spotting scopes that can receive 1.25" eps since will not reach focus on APM big binoculars...:cry:

I thought it was designed to be used on the APM angled binoculars, that seemed to be what was said? 75degrees is “enough” for binoculars and these and a pair of 24mm cover most use options.

PEter

SO does this eyepiece fit Swarovski ATS scopes? Or will it need a 1.25 adaptor.
If so it will fit my old model vortex razor 65mm. And give a very wide 16-32x ?
Is that right?
A 75* afov 16-32x would be something I would like to look through.

best wishes

Hi all, I contacted APM and asked if this ep will for Swaro ATS and Markus Ludes replied:
"I can tell you when i got one , but I believe it should work."

I look forward to hearing more about it when they become available and, if I have funds at the time, I may try it for myself.

👍

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back