• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new bird seed = need garden bird! (1 Viewer)

vicky@glos

I just wanted to say that I got that new bird seed today and within half an hour of putting it out I had two goldfinches on my seed feeder.

Result or what!

Vicky@glos:t:

The bird seed I got was from town a shop which caters for local farmers. The seed had come from Wales.

I'll let you know if anything else takes a fancy to it.

Vicky@glos

Vicky, is this seed something that I could get here in the states, or is it just available locally where you live? I have wanted to attract more goldfinches. Last year I even got this sort of "sock" stuffed with nyjer seed, which they sell at Walmart. It never did attract that many goldfinches, and besides, it looked vaguely obscene hanging there over my patio.

It is not a well known brand. It is from somewhere in Wales, Uk.

Ask you local farmers where they get their supplies. Then go to their store or shop. Ask them for wild bird food.

I think it comes from the seeds from the crops local farmers grow. So just ask around.

Vicky@glos

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back