• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Bird Species in Neve Ya’akov? (2 Viewers)

Max Crest Dign

Parakeet Pirate
Hi all. Basically I’m stuck in a place called Neve Ya’akov, Jerusalem, Israel, and recently I saw the oddest creature of the avian variety. It looked like an Indian Ring Neck Parakeet, however the characteristic ring was not red, but rather a shade of blue. Even more peculiarly the tail feathers were a brown colour. Does anyone know what sort of bird I saw? I’ve extensively googled it but couldn’t find anything, although it could just be a weird mutation or something.
If not I’ll name it the Avreich!

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Hi all. Basically I’m stuck in a place called Neve Ya’akov, Jerusalem, Israel, and recently I saw the oddest creature of the avian variety. It looked like an Indian Ring Neck Parakeet, however the characteristic ring was not red, but rather a shade of blue. Even more peculiarly the tail feathers were a brown colour. Does anyone know what sort of bird I saw? I’ve extensively googled it but couldn’t find anything, although it could just be a weird mutation or something.
If not I’ll name it the Avreich!
My guess would be an escaped domesticated breed of Ring-necked Parakeet, they vary a lot in different colours, just like the various colours of other pets and domesticated animals.

Users who are viewing this thread