• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Caledonia (1 Viewer)

Moo

Hello,

I will be in Australia latter this year and would like to go to New Caledonia.

Firstly, does anyone subscribe to Australian Birding?

Secondly, would it be possible for someone to send me a scan of the following article:

Vol 5:2 pp20-21

Best wishes,

Mark

Dieter,

Thanks for the link.

The plan is to go to Vanuatu and then New Caledonia (if I can afford it!)
Before spending some time around brisbane and Darwin.

Will be contacting Yves. I have already been listening to his CD of New Caledonian birds.

Cheers,

Mark

Oceania

Dear Mark,

sounds very good.
Do not miss Fog Dam in Northern Territories.
In Kakadu NP is a billabong 20 km away from the main road, reachable on a gravel road. There are the biggest crocodile and lots of birdlife ( ask in infomation centre ).
You can rent a boat there or take part in a boat trip.
Brisbane I do not know maybe this page could help You and of course the Australian birdwatchers too ?
http://lamington.nrsm.uq.edu.au/MainMenu.html

I was 2 times in Queensland, but in area of Cairns ( for me the best spot in Australia ).
In New Caledonia I rent a car and use my own tent ( quite save country ).
Near airport is a supermarket, but care the opening times ( not like New Zealand or Australia 24 h, 7 x a week ).
Good place for tent is also near Yate. If You come over the mountains to coast, it is the 2. campingplace. It is on a small bay, with good place for snorkeling. But take care at the reef it goes steep down.
There also some bush and trees, where I saw 2 x Notou and different finches.
Wait for Your reports, especially Vanuatu.

Best regards
Dieter

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back