• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New for 2020 Meopta Meopro Air Binoculars (1 Viewer)

Steve O4B

Optics4Birding.com
I wonder what the chances are for Meopta to add a 8x32 in the near future to this lineup or hopefully a 7x42 ?

I wouldn't be surprised to see an 8x32 in the future, but hardly anyone makes a 7x42 anymore. Between wider fields of view on newer bino designs and negligible demand for 7x42, I'd say the chances are nil.

bartd

agree

I wouldn't be surprised to see an 8x32 in the future, but hardly anyone makes a 7x42 anymore. Between wider fields of view on newer bino designs and negligible demand for 7x42, I'd say the chances are nil.

I have to agree. I think a quality semi-compact bino may show up one of these days. Their MeoSport bino is nice but lacks the quality of their higher-end binos. I am really looking forward to seeing the MeoStar Plus bino this year.

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
I think they are just 'upping' the ante in price and quality...and this new line-up is their approach of slowly getting the consumer used to both. I picked up a Meostar B1.1 a while back for a discounted $806 price. The shift upwards in price is what Meopta wanted and now they have it. I am assuming that the ultimate / future Meostar B2 will be closer to $2000 to elevate it's quality build status to be more akin to the competition in price. And the MeoPro is filling in that mid-level price point. But will the B1.1Plus be fazed out as well?

But as Steve said...this Meopro is aimed at the birders market at 6' close distance, who than is the Meostar aimed at ? Hunters?

And if so....why not have the Meopro made and assembled in Czech like the Meostar?

Steve O4B

Optics4Birding.com
I think they are just 'upping' the ante in price and quality...and this new line-up is their approach of slowly getting the consumer used to both. I picked up a Meostar B1.1 a while back for a discounted $806 price. The shift upwards in price is what Meopta wanted and now they have it. I am assuming that the ultimate / future Meostar B2 will be closer to $2000 to elevate it's quality build status to be more akin to the competition in price. And the MeoPro is filling in that mid-level price point. But will the B1.1Plus be fazed out as well?

But as Steve said...this Meopro is aimed at the birders market at 6' close distance, who than is the Meostar aimed at ? Hunters?

And if so....why not have the Meopro made and assembled in Czech like the Meostar?
The MeoStar B1.1 is now upgraded to the MeoStar B1 Plus. The optics are the same but they have added a locking diopter, MeoDrop hydrophobic coating, and a newly shaped and textured rubber armoring. There is also a substantial price increase. And yes, they are aimed at hunters.

The MeoPro HDs are now made in Czech Republic. Their price dropped $300 retail when they moved the production back.

The Air binoculars, like lots of other products, have been delayed by Covid-19 issues and last I heard are projected to be released sometime next year.

Users who are viewing this thread