• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Kowa products 2021? (1 Viewer)

More info on YouTube videos

Some construction detail.

Hopefully these bigger bodied scopes will be less fragile than the 88mm bodies but looking at their weights makes me wonder.

There don't seem to be any reports of specks in the zoom eyepieces any more so touch wood that has been sorted.

Apparently they made the 99mm model because "they could". It only took about 20 years to get there.

I'm still using my broken but botched repaired 824 ( Kowa don't keep spare parts), so a long product life does has an upside in the case of Kowa.

More info on YouTube videos

Some construction detail.

Hopefully these bigger bodied scopes will be less fragile than the 88mm bodies but looking at their weights makes me wonder.

There don't seem to be any reports of specks in the zoom eyepieces any more so touch wood that has been sorted.

Apparently they made the 99mm model because "they could". It only took about 20 years to get there.

I'm still using my broken but botched repaired 824 ( Kowa don't keep spare parts), so a long product life does has an upside in the case of Kowa.
How come you find the 883 body "fragile"? Although mine always is protected by the standard jacket I have no reason tot call it fragile.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back