• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New localpatch bird for me. (1 Viewer)

John N

After breakfast this morning I was very reluctant to take the dogs out as although we have had no snow, it was bitterly cold and I dread to think what the windchill factor was. Anyway off we went and soon both hands and face were numb and I was feeling pretty miserable. Saw the usual army of great and Blue tits, greenfinches and the usual magpies. Then it happened!!! I was only 10 yards away from the best view I have ever had of a Firecrest. It made my day.I was no longer cold or numb and I went home very,very happy.

Last edited:
What a great find John, well worth getting numb for eh. Beautiful little birds.

undefined
pauco said:
What a great find John, well worth getting numb for eh. Beautiful little birds.

Yes a great find Paul,but I cannot take the credit for that .At least 3 other birders as I know to saw it before I did.Sorry if my post gave the impression that I was the finder.

Nice find John, Lovely birds Firecrests. I was lucky enough to get a new patch bird myself today. Green Winged Teal but I didnt find it..

That's great but I don't think a firecrest is in any of my fieldguides(U.S.A.) and I've never heard of it. What type of bird is it? Size,habitat,food, color etc.? :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back