• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new member (1 Viewer)

pattianne

Just recently joined the forum. Bought a new camera Saturday and I've been clicking and deleting pictures since then. But---today I did get a pix of a pileated woodpecker that I am keeping! This is so much fun. pattianne

Hi Pattianne. This is a neat place isn't it?
So what kind of camera did you get for yourself? The pileated are beautiful birds and saw my first pair only this last October. It was a terrific day for me cause they were high on my want to see wish list.

KC, I bought an HP 850 and now I have to figure out how to work the thing. It really is pretty easy, but I'm just getting started with bird photography. This site is just full of good tips and info. I am so glad I found it.

Welcome Pattianne, we're so glad you found it too. Looking forward to hearing about your new camera and seeing your pics in the gallery. Pileateds have been busy around here, sound like jack hammers when the air is cold.

Hi Pattianne, on behalf of all the Bird Forum.net moderators and admin... welcome to the best birding site on the web.
Looking forward to your post and photos, especially those huge Pileated Woodies... it's hard for us to imagine thier size.
Andy

I have the pictures downloaded to my PC and will try to figure out how to post an attachment. Although my pix is special to me, it is very amaturish compared to the close-ups posted throughout this site. I'll keep trying until I learn the how-to's. Thanks for the welcome.

pattianne

Pattianne, we were all the same way with our first cameras. All I can tell you is that the more pics you take the better you will get. That's a promise.

Hi Pattianne and welcome to a great forum. I look forward to seeing your first pics - especially a pileated woodpecker!

Hi and welcome to BF!

We really look forward to hearing from you -and seeing your pix!

Hi Pattianne, and welcome! You'll find a flood of information here, the challenge is absorbing it and putting it to use.

I had Pileateds come to my feeders when I lived in Virgina and I just love them! I miss them, so I'd love to see your pictures.
Alicia

Thanks for the welcome. I have the pileated's picture in the gallery under North American Birds. Next time around, I'll remember to keep the picture a little larger. pattianne

hi Pattianne and welcome to Bird Forum- enjoyed your images of the pileated, they're fantastic birds - We have a family of them here but they're pretty camera shy :) looking forward to seeing more of your photos and hearing about the birds in your area.

Hi Pattianne,
Good picture. I have a pair of pileateds that hang around here, the past couple of years. Managed to get a half decent shot of one last fall. Enjoy your new toy and welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for posting that Pattianne, great-looking bird. Its lovely for me to see what you have on that side of the globe!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back