• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New neighborhood, new hawk (1 Viewer)

AGPank

I moved last November and have really enjoyed all the birds in the new neighborhood. Over the weekend I caught a glimpse of a hawk flying low over our pool with what appeared to be a squirrel.

Yesterday it was patient enough for me to get some pictures.

I

AGPank

Thanks, I initially thought broad winged hawk, then looking at the iBird app started to think red shouldered.

I thought I wrote more in my first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGPank

Thanks. Pics are with an iPhone XS, Meostar S2 spotter and Novagrade attachment. The credit goes to this hawk sitting here a long time 5-10 min. The neighbor put in a new fence after we moved in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bartd

I love my Meopta MeoStar spotter. For the money, I don't think it can be beaten! How far away were you? I would like to know more about the Novagrade attachment too. Great pics!

AGPank

Sorry for the delay. I was about 10-15 yards out the kitchen window.

Nova grade makes a nice cellphone attachment that tightens better around the eyepiece and it all aluminum construction. I have the single gripper but now would recommend the double grip option.

Saw an osprey fly over yesterday on my walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread