• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Opticron Aurora BGA VHD Binocular (1 Viewer)

dries1

Got to give them credit in trying to grab some of the market share. I wonder how the focus wheel will function after a year.

Troubador

Staff member
Supporter
Got to give them credit in trying to grab some of the market share. I wonder how the focus wheel will function after a year.
Well I have had an Imagic 8x42 and Traveller 8x32 since 2017 and their focusers are still absolutely fine so the omens for Aurora are pretty good.

Lee

Upland

32mm does outsell 42mm generally. Or at least it did when we had shops open!

Right now, no plans for a 32mm at the top of our range.

Sometimes a picture says a lot more than words - so here goes. DBA VHD+ 42mm, EL 32mm, Aurora 42mm. Why compromise? :)

View attachment 1379161
Just think though: If you made a 32 mm Aurora you could place it beside a Leica UVHD+ 32 mm and have us all placing orders!

MGT

I have had the Imagic 8x42, 10x42 and Traveller 8x42 for 5yrs, they’re all still running buttery smooth and better than some of the gritty stiction I’ve experienced on alpha brands costing more than twice as much.

Users who are viewing this thread